Following a successful presentation in early 2019, we were awarded the contract to replace the Trust’s incumbent Direct Engagement provider – under HTE’s relevant Framework.
Time was of the essence for Shrewsbury as their current provider’s model had been declared non-compliant and, as such, the Trust had ceased making any VAT savings. They needed to implement our direct engagement model as soon as possible, without compromising fill rates and continuing to provide their patients with excellent quality care.
An ambitious Trust with high standards, Shrewsbury works hard to provide an excellent service and needed the right partner to support them. Adopting our DE model, which is a pure DE arrangement whereby the Trust pays the doctors directly, ensured the Trust had a fully HMRC compliant model in place as well as reducing operational risk.
Our experienced projects and implementation team began working with Shrewsbury immediately on award and ensured our DE model was live within the Trust in less than 2 weeks. We worked closely with the Trust to keep the implementation on track – providing daily updates and increasing support as needed; including spending time on site to ensure a fast turnaround and prompt decisions.
- One end to end solution to cover bank, agency cascade and direct engagement
- Enhanced MI and NHSI and other reporting facilitated through using a single system
- Increased control over agency rates – with capped commissions, and break glass/escalation authorisation for pay rates
- Automated processes for increased savings – e.g. automated breaks deduction
- Assured compliance through automated checks and procedures
- Dedicated DE support from experienced team – answering queries, clear communications
- Electronic timesheet process – with weekly payments
- Full unlimited training and support
- More competitive DE fee - giving Trust further savings
- External payroll provider used – arranged by Holt
Fast implementation – without compromising fill rates or patient care
- Higher DE conversion
- Better automated processes for increased efficiencies and savings
- More effective control over rates – and fixed commissions
- Reduction in administration and workload
- Reduced operational risk
- Increased visibility overall – with MI and reporting
Agile was second to none in the service they have provided. They ensured that they discussed and clearly set out the project plan so we knew what needed to be done. Having a member of their team on site in the two weeks of implementation was really helpful.
We are not a number to Agile but a valued client. When we ask for reports or functionality it is never a problem, and we don’t have to wait days, it is done there and then, with no fuss.
We are also making significant savings too!
I cannot fault Agile’s service and products. We are really pleased we made the change and wished we had done it sooner.
Ricky Jones - Medical Locum Projects Officer - The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust