In line with the NHSI People Plan, Trusts are keen to develop collaborative banks with other local Trusts, increasing the potential number of shifts to those working flexibly. With limited internal resource, or established technology or processes available, progress has been slow in many instances.
A TRIED AND TESTED REGIONAL BANK SOLUTION
With NHS Trusts' management teams and STPs already stretched in many different directions, the time and effort in getting a collaborative bank off the ground cannot be underestimated.
Our experience developing a “first of its kind” medical collaborative bank, Care1Bank, which now includes 6 NHS Trusts, means we can provide clients with a tried and tested model that is ready to go - with enhanced IT functionality, a self-fill APP, and an experienced, full-service team to manage and support its success.
Care1Bank has now been in place for over 18 months – originally including 5 NHS Trusts (Doncaster and Bassetlaw, Chesterfield Royal, Northern Lincolnshire and Goole, Barnsley Hospital and Sheffield Children’s Hospital) across 3 STPs and now joined by United Lincolnshire. Read more about the project in our case study below.
KEY RESULTS FOR CARE1BANK
BENEFITS OF OUR MODEL
- Fully managed wrap around service - on-boarding, registration, compliance and booking processes
- Collaborative Bank Portal - LMS fully adapted to fulfil recruitment, compliance, payroll and billing processes
- Minimal Trust resource needed
- Simple one step registration - reduces barriers and bureaucracy for healthcare staff
- Proactive, experienced team - working hard to book candidates
- 24/7 support – with ability to increase support as needed
- Effective marketing and communications support - to grow the Collaborative Bank
- Branded mobile APP – and dedicated website
- Compliance passport, and approval processes (including template contracts)
- Market leading IT system – control over rates, automated processes, electronic timesheets
- Detailed MI, NHSI and other reporting – full visibility from bank to regional bank to agency (support from dedicated analysts)
- Advanced APP technology – easy for candidates, self-fill, matching, digest/push notifications
- Weekly payments
- Experienced project and management team – regular reviews and proactive in suggesting improvements across entire workforce supply chain
- Strong candidate engagement - self-booking APP, weekly pay, flexible working options, equal access
- Traction in the Market – Care1Bank’s presence in the in the market as a leading medical bank regionally, with national targeting now in progress.
CASE STUDY: CARE1BANK
First Collaborative Bank for doctors across 5 Trusts – utilising advanced APP staff bank technology
Care1Bank is the best thing to have happened to Medical Staffing at Barnsley – it has given us access to a much wider group of regional doctors who pick up a variety of full time and part time positions.
Medical Workforce Rota Manager , Barnsley NHS Foundation Trust